Looking for a Speaker for your next event?
Roger Ellerton PhD, CMC, Author, Trainer, Coach, Motivational Speaker and Management Consultant
Roger is passionate about helping others get what they desire in life. As a long-time successful businessman, university professor, NLP trainer/coach, public speaker and author, he has first-hand experience with the personal/professional balancing act required in these times. Roger is a former tenured faculty member at the University of New Brunswick, an executive in the Canadian federal government, successful certified management consultant (CMC) and has been listed in the "International Who's Who in Education".
Roger believes that each of us can achieve the success we desire by developing our authentic selves, mastering internal and external congruence and taking charge of our lives. Roger is the safe, helpful person next door that everyone should have access to. He provides coaching services and leads NLP seminars and workshops on a regular basis. Participants often remark how safe it feels to be in his classes and how clearly he presents the material and how ready and willing he is to answer their questions and provide insights they have long been searching for.
For over 20 years, Roger has been a student of personal development methodologies. He continues to transform his own life while assisting others from all walks of life and all ages to learn, to address challenges at work and at home and to get more of what they desire in life. He is the father of four (two sons and two daughters), is an avid gardener and nature lover and enjoys lending a hand to others.
He is the author of eight books:
- Live Your Dreams Let Reality Catch Up: NLP and Common Sense for Coaches, Managers and You covers all of the basic NLP material and is a great resource for coaches, managers and those wanting to learn NLP.
- Live Your Dreams Let Reality Catch Up: 5 Step Action Plan provides a road map for achieving your goals or coaching others to do so.
- Parents' Handbook: NLP and Common Sense Guide for Family Well-Being provides effective ways to improve your communication with your children and your children's communication with you, their teachers and friends. You will also learn how to support your children in school and elsewhere.
- Win-Win Influence: How to Enhance Your Personal and Business Relationships provides proven processes for you to be the difference that makes the difference in creating better results in your life, career or any place two or more people gather.
- Self-Publishing Your Book: A Guide for First-Time and DIY Authors shares insights and experiences based on my mistakes and lessons learned while writing and publishing eight books.
- NLP and Personal Growth Thoughts: A Series of Articles by Roger Ellerton. Volumes 1 and 2 each contain 15 articles. Some articles will educate you on basic NLP concepts, while others will challenge your current way of thinking and how you view the world around you.
- NLP Techniques Anyone Can Use provides ten typical NLP processes that illustrate the breadth and potential of NLP.
and of over 60 articles on NLP. He is a certified NLP trainer and has been delivering NLP practitioner and master practitioner training since 1996. Roger received his BSc. and MSc. from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada and PhD from Virginia Tech.
The following two videos illustrate what others think of Roger as an NLP trainer:
To learn more about Roger's book Live Your Dreams Let Reality Catch Up: NLP and Common Sense for Coaches, Managers and You, listen as he is interviewed by Lynn Thompson. Lynn is the host of Nanaimo, British Columbia radio show Living on Purpose.
The following is a video clip of Roger being interviewed on Daytime Ottawa - a production of Rogers TV.
Roger is available for keynote presentations, conferences, retreats, team building sessions and workshops. Possible topics include:
- Improving Communication at Work and Home
- Five Steps for Success
- The Secret of Taking Charge
- The Art of Influence
- Proven Principles to Guide Your Life
- Getting the Most Out of Your Business Meetings
- Setting and Achieving Meaningful Outcomes
- Understanding and Appreciating Others
- Different Managing Roles for Different Needs
Click here for a few of Roger Ellerton's more notable quotes.
Contact Roger at email@example.com to explore your specific needs.
As we know, a key component of any successful administrative person's career is his or her ability to communicate. (Not just admin people - of course - but that's the focus of our meetings ...) Anyway, we recognize the value in skillful and effective communication so are always on the lookout for information on which to build and develop our skills. Your presentation last November was top-notch in this regard. As evidenced by the lively discussions that erupted from time to time, you hit many nails on their head in what you had to say! For some it was great to learn how to prepare to communicate; for others it was an affirmation that we need to first understand how our intended recipient needs to receive information before we try to deliver it. We all left the session motivated and eager to try our new ideas.
Thank you, again, for a very relevant and applicable presentation!
Sharron Buttler CPS/CAP, President, Ottawa Chapter IAAP
As a Career Advisor for the Ottawa Talent Initiative, I felt fortunate that Roger Ellerton was able to speak to our clients about effective communication. Dr. Ellerton's practical approach to improving communication skills provided our clients with necessary steps to enhance their personal and professional life. At a time when these skills are essential to advancing one's career, his unique insight provided inspiration. I would highly recommend Dr. Ellerton's seminars for anyone who wants to make the most of their life.
Tina Bennett, Resource Advisor, Ottawa Talent Initiative